Malaysian Curry Powder
This Malaysian curry powder serves as the base for the delicious Malaysian chicken curry I’m about to post one of these days. The spice mix comes out of the dutch cookbook “Spice Wise” which I will review too in the next post. The concept of the book is cooking saltless. In my opinion this is a good thing giving you the possibility to add the amount of salt you desire. The Malaysian curry powder tastes delicious on chicken and vegetables. Stay tuned for more! You don’t want to miss the complete “Malaysian chicken curry” recipe I’ll post as soon as possible!!
- 8 parts turmeric
- 4 parts ground fennel seeds
- 3 parts ground coriander seeds
- 2 parts chili flakes (smoked if you prefer)
- 1 part cinnamon
- 1 part ground cayenne
- 1 part ground cumin
- Optional (not in the original recipe)
- 2 parts smoked paprika powder
- 3 parts salt (or the amount you desire)
Mix al ingredients and the curry powder is ready!
Spice your chicken with it, use it in the Malaysian curry or as a seasoning for your vegetables.